While browsing posts, click on photos to enlarge in a new window.
To choose a specific category, click under “Browse the Archives” on the right menu.
At our June meeting, Ronnie Alder was named the recipient of the Joe Schield Volunteer Award for his 125 hours ...Read More
Click photos to enlarge. Please consider joining us as a member go to help keep the best-kept secret in Essex ...Read More
Hosted by Museum President Terri Knachel, Cheryl Rosedale and Angel Ball, Super Hero Day 2017 featured face painting and crafting ...Read More
Sealovers Restaurant on Turkey Point Road which later became Turkey Point Inn, Runabouts and is now Laidback Lenny's ...Read More
"Joan Hensler stands in front of old Essex fire station with Alex Baumgartner, center, president of the Essex Historical group, ...Read More
This granite marker once stood at the corner of Mace and Franklin Avenues where it was placed in 1798 as ...Read More
Kenwood Bluebird Cheerleaders Champs Again, 2006 Publisher - Avenue News Date - 2006 Contributor - Dan Baldwin ...Read More
"Before there was a Back & Middle River Building and Loan Company, before there was a Peter's Restaurant, and whatever ...Read More
Edward Weinkam ran the ice business for Essex in the 1950s, delivering frozen blocks of ice to customers with ice ...Read More
"Fuel stop. In the 1940s, the Pospisils built a service station next door to their nightclub. Betholene was the fuel ...Read More
Baltimore County Engine #7 testing its pumps on the Back River Bridge Contributor - Gary Kadolph, Maryland Fire and Rescue ...Read More
Fire engine at Essex Fire Station, 1957. The Heritage Society of Essex and Middle River now resides at that location ...Read More
"In 1907 James and Mary Pospisil purchased a large restaurant and tavern on Eastern Ave. west of Back River Bridge ...Read More
"The Comrade Bowling Social Outing was held at Pospisil’s Park in Bowley's Quarters in the 1930s. Democratic club meetings, dances, ...Read More