Sealovers Restaurant on Turkey Point Road which later became Turkey Point Inn, Runabouts and is now Laidback Lenny’s.
“Before there was a Back & Middle River Building and Loan Company, before there was a Peter’s Restaurant, and whatever is at those locations today…..in the late 1890’s Weber’s Store & Beer Garden was located at the corner of Back River Neck Rd. (it wasn’t called Stemmers Run Road back then) and Eastern Ave.” — Keith Roberts
Source – Keith Roberts
Date – 1890s
Edward Weinkam ran the ice business for Essex in the 1950s, delivering frozen blocks of ice to customers with ice boxes. The old ice house was located near Commodore Hall. This photo of his ice truck rushing off to make deliveries was taken in front of his brother William Weinkam’s home on Maryland Ave. in Essex.
Source – JoAnn Weinkam Weiland
Date – 1950s