A 1923 Northern View of Essex from the Fire Department Tower.
Creator – Donald McCauley
Publisher – Heritage Society of Essex and Middle River, Inc. Archives
G. Sigrist Store was located at the corner of Eastern Ave. and Deep Creek Rd. (North Marlyn Ave. today) where Helen’s Cafe was and the 7-11 is.
This 1920 photo of 508 Eastern Ave shows a 2 1/2 story frame building and 2 period touring cars parked out front. Later this was the site of the bowling alley, B. Bugatch furniture, OGO Sales and is now a CVS store. The Building at right identified as Sealoreceo’s garage (which later became home of the Police/Fire Station) burned in 1938.
Source – Jimbo Buckler