A 1923 Northern View of Essex from the Fire Department Tower.
Creator – Donald McCauley
Publisher – Heritage Society of Essex and Middle River, Inc. Archives
Emala Station, located at the end of Eastern Avenue / west end of MR Bridge
This 1920 photo of 508 Eastern Ave shows a 2 1/2 story frame building and 2 period touring cars parked out front. Later this was the site of the bowling alley, B. Bugatch furniture, OGO Sales and is now a CVS store. The Building at right identified as Sealoreceo’s garage (which later became home of the Police/Fire Station) burned in 1938.
Source – Jimbo Buckler